MHG38936 - Farmsteading, E of Fodderty House

Summary

The farmstead to Fodderty House, depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map and still extant.

Type and Period (1)

  • FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Large farm steadings opp Fodderty House. 212 is large E? shaped range with another building (213) to the E of this. Immediately to the S of the main range are the remains of buildings running along N side of a large walled garden. The garden runs NNW-SSE but is cut by the canalising of the stream on its S side by 1st ed OS map. Farm steading used but not particularly well maintained. Seem to have originally been v good quality (estate standard). Domed rotary quern and a round trough built into wall on outside N of entrance. <1>

The numbers in the above note refer to the 25 inch 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1876. <2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 5097 5945 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NH55NW
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish FODDERTY

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (3)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.