MHG54052 - Mill lade, Avoch

Summary

A mill lade is marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey, running to the SE, joining to the two grain mills at Avoch.

Type and Period (1)

  • LADE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

A mill lade is shown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map running to the SE to two mills, also marked on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey. Continues to the SE of the mills. <1>

Information from a participant in the Black Isles Heritage Memories project; the line of the lade was visible in the 1950s. <2>

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NH 6989 5523 (466m by 227m)
Map sheet NH65NE
Geographical Area ROSS AND CROMARTY
Civil Parish AVOCH

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (2)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (0)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.