MHG54947 - Cottages - Mains of Ardross
Two pairs of single storey cottages.
Type and Period (1)
- FARM LABOURERS COTTAGE (19th Century - 1801 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
Two pairs of single storey cottages with pitched slate roofs and roof lights. Central doors are flanked by sash windows with glazing bars. <1>
The location of these two sets of cottages has been estimated. <2>
Considered curtilage listed to Category A Ardross Castle.
A photographic survey of the cottages and surrounding derelict farm buildings was undertaken by NORR in 2017 in advance of proposals for their restoration, conversion and reuse as a distillery. <3>
A second set of photographs was subsequently taken in 2017 by NORR as access to some buildings in the steading was impossible due to their dangerously unstable structures. <4>
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: Historic Environment Scotland. Buildings at Risk Register. 1908.
- <2> Verbal Communication: Tilbury, S. Comment by Sylvina Tilbury, HER Officer.
- <3> Text/Report: Miller, R., Fresson, M. & Bandula, T.. 2017. Ardross Photographic Views. NORR. Digital.
- <4> Text/Report: NORR. 2017. New Ardross Distillery Photographic Survey. NORR. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6091 7461 (142m by 48m) (Approximate)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (0)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.