MHG6926 - Glass Bead - Nairn
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 550 BC? to 560 AD?)
- None recorded
A class 13 (spiral-decorated) glass bead found near Nairn is in RMS (FJ 11).
M Guido 1978.
Described in the NMS catalogue as a bead of brown paste with yellow spirals, from Nairnshire. Acquired in 1864 from Dr John Grigor. Acc No. FJ 11. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Guido, M. 1978. The glass beads of the prehistoric and Roman periods in Britain and Ireland. 196.
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: NMAS. 1892. Catalogue of the National Museum of Antiquities of Scotland. 215.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1865. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 5 1862-4, p.9-18,30-3,61-5,81-4,109-16,122-9,185-9,213-22,239-42,284-9,300-3,322-331. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 9-18,30-3,61-5,81-4,109-1. 322.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. FJ 11.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 8800 5600 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
- BEAD (Iron Age - 550 BC? to 560 AD?)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/15137 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.