- Posted in:
Situated at the most westerly point in mainland Britain this lighthouse, designed by Alan Stevenson, first displayed a fixed light in 1849 and was converted to flashing in 1928. The associated buildings have been converted to a visitor centre, cafe and shop. The imposing pink granite tower is visible for miles around. Visit the Ardnamurchan Lighthouse website for details of opening times.