EHG3095 - Scotland's Rural Past project, Rubh' an Dunain, Assynt
March to May 2008
As part of RCAHMS's Scotland's Rural Past initiative, Historic Assynt carried out field survey work at Rubh' an Dunain, Assynt between March and May 2008. The area of the shieling and the promontory dun was planned and photographed. <1>
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Sleight, G. 2009. Rubh an Dunain: report, plans and photographs. Historic Assynt. 18/02/2009. Digital.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 576455.
|Location||Rubh an Dunain, Assynt|
|Grid reference||Centred NC 04064 33934 (402m by 333m) (Centred)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (6)
- Building footings, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG52945)
- Cultivated area, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG52944)
- Dun, An Dunan, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG12221)
- Possible dyke, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG52946)
- Shieling dyke, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG52943)
- Shieling, Rubh' an Dunain (Monument) (MHG12214)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.