EHG3224 - Archaeological assessment - Land at Delnies, Nairn
DESK BASED ASSESSMENT, WALKOVER SURVEY
AOC Archaeology Group
An archaeological assessment was undertaken in respect of a planning application for mixed use development. The proposed development would impact on several known archaeological sites and the assessment concludes that an archaeological evaluation should be undertaken in order to assess the extent of these impacts. It is also noted that physical modification of any historic buildings within the site may require historic building recording. <1><2>
- <1> Text/Report/Environmental Statement: Farningham McCreadie Partnership; White Young Green Planning and Design. 2008. Mixed Use Development at Delnies, Nairn: Environmental Impact Assessment. The Cawdor Maintenance Trust. . Digital (scanned as PDF). pp 60-71.
- <2> Text/Report: White Young Green. 11/2009. Proposed Mixed Use Development at Delnies, Nairn: Addendum to the Environmental Impact Assessment - Technical Appendices. White Young Green. . Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Location||Land at Delnies, Nairn|
|Grid reference||Centred NH 83901 56139 (4509m by 3291m) (Centred)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (11)
- Croftown (Monument) (MHG6915)
- Easter Delnies (Monument) (MHG21226)
- Farmstead, Hilton of Delnies (Building) (MHG53538)
- Farmstead, Wester Delnies (Building) (MHG53539)
- Icehouse, Delnies (Building) (MHG43690)
- Kebbuck Stone, Sunnyhillock (Monument) (MHG7034)
- Middens, Ardersier (Monument) (MHG6916)
- Possible peat loading platform, Carse of Delnies (Monument) (MHG53536)
- Sheepfold, Carse of Delnies (Monument) (MHG7035)
- Site of Fishertown of Delnies (Monument) (MHG53537)
- Wester Delnies (Monument) (MHG21915)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.