MHG45315 - Bothy, The Square, Roshven Estate
A single storey cottage associated with the buildings at The Square.
Type and Period (2)
- BOTHY (Built, 19th Century - 1873 AD to 1873 AD (post))
- FARM LABOURERS COTTAGE? (Built, 19th Century - 1860 AD to 1860 AD (circa))
Part of Roshven Home Farm Listed Building Complex.
BOTHY: single storey gabled cottage with doors to S, small windows to N, stack to E gablehead and ridge. <1>
This building is known locally as The Smithy, but is more likely to have been accommodation, having the dimensions of a but 'n' ben. It is not shown on the 1873 Ordnance Survey map. <2>
Ken Bowker photographed the buildings at The Square in October 2011. <3>
- <1> Dataset: Historic Scotland. Information Supplementary to the Statutory List (This information has no legal significance). Digital. HB Number 42582.
- <2> Text/Manuscript: Bowker, K. 2011. Notes and corrections for various sites at Roshven. Yes. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Bowker, K. 10/2011. Photographs of buildings at Roshven. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NM 7093 7866 (7m by 6m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Civil Parish||ARISAIG AND MOIDART|
Related Monuments/Buildings (4)
- Part of: The Square, Roshven Estate (Building) (MHG36540)
- Related to: Carriage/implement shed, The Square, Roshven Estate (Building) (MHG55101)
- Related to: Cartshed/granary, The Square, Roshven Estate (Building) (MHG17202)
- Related to: Mill and threshing barn, The Square, Roshven Estate (Building) (MHG45318)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB43852 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/174554 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.